Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Obsession.


I realize that the posts have been pretty Twins-centric in my short blogging stint, but there's just so darn little else going on out there. I left my car this afternoon for a physical therapy appointment with the hapless Twinkies down 4-0 and all but ready to be swept by the team with the 2nd-most underrated mid-90s baseball movie and by the time I got to another radio Michael Cuddyer, Nick Punto, and Jason Bartlett, of all people, had all launched home runs and the Twins were leading 7-5. My first call goes out to the good folks at The Hardball Times to figure out, in their statistical brilliance, what the probability was that those three would all homer in the same game. My guess is that C-3P0 has recited more optimistic numbers about surviving the flight through an asteroid field.

Never tell me the odds, Lew!

So now we're at a point similar, but not quite so bad, as we were at this point last year. Coming off a disappointing West Coast road trip with a slumping slugger, but with spirits salvaged from what could be a momentum-turning win. Last year, the kids came home down 11 1/2 games in the AL Central and laid an old-fashioned three-game whoopin' on the visiting Red Sox, going on to win their next 20 of 21 games. This year, down a mere 6 1/2 games to the only team with Wahoo! Messenger, we host another East Coast team in red, with another Dominican ex-Twin who has put up some better numbers since being kicked to the curb by Terry Ryan & Company...

"Big Crazi"

Bring on the Nats.

No comments: